fluxgain Icons aims to create more engaging screens for salesforce users by adding professionally designed icons for formula fields, visualforce pages and tabs. What icons are designed will be determined by your ideas.
The icons will be part of a free appexchange package that will make the icons easy to use, so that salesforce administrators, consultants or ISVs can make salesforce.com screens more appealing. Not only do we plan make salesforce.com screens more engaging we hope that users can process data more quickly through the use of the icons.
Does a "Picture paint a thousand words"?
Question: By quickly looking at the following 2 images can you quickly tell if there is a problem with the record?
Answer: While both records contain the same data you might have determined that the SLA had expired in the second image quicker through the use of the red exclamation icon.
How are we planning to do this
- it's quicker to find the correct icon
- there's a consistent look and feel across all icons
- there's more icons for formula fields
- there's more icon colour variations
- it's easier to move built formula fields across orgs and not worry about hard-coded id values for the icons
- it allows people to share their created formula fields for re-use without having to lookup a hard-coded id on another page
To create a consistent look and feel across the icons we are looking to have the icons professionally created with input from you. In parallel to this we will be building a framework around the icons inside salesforce to make implementing them easier for salesforce administrators, consultants or ISVs.